Pinterest Answers How do I know if Pinterest is right for MY business?
Yeah, ANOTHER place I “Have to” put content to build my business and get my message into the world.
When will it enddddddddddd! Can’t we just go back to the old days?
I hear that a lot and, truth be told, said it for almost a year before I took a look at what Pinterest is and whether it was right for MY business. There are what feel like a mazillion places to put content these days and they are NOT always right for every business.
Is Pinterest right for YOUR business?
Is it right for YOURS? My infamous consultant’s answer is, drumroll please, “It Depends.”
Now, my clients aren’t always pleased with that answer. And I understand why. The thing is it really does depend. There is no “one-size-fits-all” answer, or solution, for any of this business stuff.
Yes, there are some basics (like you need to be seen somehow) and business systems that are the backbone (or as I call the “sexy backend”) for every business.
And just like going into a store and finding that one-size-fits-all outfit doesn’t, the same is true for how you build YOUR business. It rarealy happens (where do they figure out that size anyway!).
It’s the questions that matter
The key is to ask the RIGHT questions before you dive in. So here are a few of the ones I ask myself and my clients:
- What business model are you using?
- Does this choice fit with your business building strategy?
- Do you WANT to include more places where content is needed?
- Who is YOUR perfect client? (this is THE key question to ask second when you’re making business decisions.)
- Are YOUR perfect clients hanging out on Pinterest? Will they be hanging out on Pinterest in the near future?
- Do you have a strategy for streamlining how your content is created and shared? (Without one, you’ll drive yourself bonkerrrrrrssssssssss creating new stuff all the time.)
- Do you know how to use tools to create and edit images? (Pinterest is all about images, so you’ll need them. The good thing is that other places, like Facebook, thrive on images too.)
- If you don’t know how to create and edit images, do you a) want to learn or b) (preferable!) can you pay someone else to take care of that for you?
- How does adding Pinterest to your marketing mix increase your bottom line, directly or indirectly?
There are many more questions that I encourage you to answer…whether it’s about adding Pinterest to your social media plans or purchasing a program or tool to help you grow your business.
Good, bad, or indifferent, there are basiscs that remain the same for all of us AND there is NO one-size-fits all!
Your thoughts? Would love to hear them in the comments secton!